Sunday, September 12, 2010

BP4_Flickr

I decided to research Flickr for the Research Web 2.0 for my AR Project. My AR project is trying to teach designers to be and those interested in design, the Gestalt principles. Because I feel it is much easier to show the students what the principles look like instead of explaining what they mean. For the most part, the images I can display for Gestalt will go father than possible with simply content and context.

Flickr will allow me to upload visual examples of all the Gestalt principles and there will always be conversation and communication within the students so they can discuss what makes them the principle they are. For example, I can upload 5 images, and ask the students to post what principle each image represents. Allowing the RSS feed will keep everyone updated as well for new images comments and other information. Visually, I don't think there is a better way to display the principles for my students. It is completely user generated and social participation is what will make it work.

No comments:

Post a Comment