Sunday, April 10, 2011

Week 2 Reading - Art of Possibility

I could really appreciate this weeks reading. In the classroom there is a big challenge in trying to expand the way we think in a day to day. Trying to bring in ideas from the outside world from different places and apply them in a secure setting like a classroom is difficult to get the students to think outside of the classroom. Currently I am teaching Design Studio 1 which is covering the basics of graphic design and the Gestalt principles. Trying to get the students to connect the dots with what these principles are, or how to use them in their own work, is a tough task. This week's reading has given me some great motivation in trying to bring in that abstract thinking into the classroom, so I can get abstract thinking IN the classroom.

These boundaries are present in not only this weeks reading but in the whole program of EDMT. From the ADDIE learning mode to understanding multiple learning theories, it has really helped me think outside of the way education is currently in trend.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, talk about higher order thinking, I can't imagine how challenging this can be. Wow.

    ReplyDelete